Oh depression, a poem from hospital.

I've very nervous to announce my first poem - oh depression.
While being detained under the mental health act in hospital, I wrote about my struggles with bipolar. I've tried this time to express myself through poetical wording. Being able to write my thoughts down on a paper has been very therapeutic. I hope that by sharing this poem, people can gain insight into the struggles of someone with depression.

Hope you enjoy!

Oh depression depression, what am I going to do with you?
Your stealing my life, ruining my career and destroying who I am inside.
Oh depression depression, what am I going to do with you?
I feel so much, I hurt so much and I don't know what to do with the pain.
Oh depression depression,what am I going to with you?
I'm sectioned in hospital, locked up inside,and watching my life disappear.

I've got fight this war inside my head and battle fearlessly onwards.
Try each day to strive for recovery, I know it's a difficult task
But I have to win. I have to try. I can't let it kill me now.

Oh depression depression, I know exactly what to do with you.
You're going to lose, you're not going to win, I'm taking my life back for good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mindfulness Drawing : A 5 minute exercise

Rowing: My Refuge